Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sends off his son to the army.
(photo credit: GPO)
The Iranian website Shia-online published a threat to harm the children of Israeli top officials in response to Israel’s strike on Syria that killed a Hezbollah commander.
According to MEMRI’s (The Middle East Media Research Institute) Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor, the report published last week on the Iranian website included a photograph of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s family.
The strike hit a convoy carrying Jihad Moughniyah and commander Mohamad Issa, known as Abu Issa, in the province of Quneitra, near the Israeli Golan Heights, killing six Hezbollah members in all, a statement from the group said.
Iranian Revolutionary Guard General Mohammed Allahdadi was also killed in the attack.
“Undoubtedly, Hezbollah Lebanon will not let this crime pass. Noting that in this latest crime by the occupying Zionist regime the son of a late Hezbollah commander was attacked, it is Hezbollah Lebanon's right to avenge the blood of Jihad Mughniya with the assassination of one of the sons of the Zionist commanders or senior figures,” said the article.
"From now and henceforth, no child of the Zionist commanders and senior figures is safe anywhere in the world,” it said, according to MEMRI.
"In a Koran verse [5:45] it is written: "And We ordained for them therein a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth..." Meanwhile, the head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps, Maj.-Gen. Muhammad Ali Jafari referenced Israel’s attack on Syria on Tuesday saying that the Jewish state “is making its last moves and it knows that it is nearing its end,” Iran’s Fars News Agency reported.
The commander of Iran's Basij force, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Reza Naqdi, also chimed in on Monday, saying that Israel should await Iran’s crushing response, Fars reported.
Naqdi went on to claim that Sunni Islamist groups “are the military wing of the Zionist regime.”
The Basij commander called for revenge, adding that “they [the Zionists] should remain fully alerted until complete annihilation of the Zionist regime.”
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, in a meeting on Monday with Jordan’s new ambassador to Tehran, Abdullah Sulaiman Abdullah Abu Romman, said that the Israeli “occupation” of Palestinian territories is the root cause of problems in the Middle East, Iran’s Press TV reported.
“Today, the world public opinion not only refuses to tolerate the Zionist regime’s oppression and aggression but also condemns them,” said Rouhani.Reuters contributed to this report.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>