Iraqi accuses Iranian exiles of planning attack

By
January 21, 2009 18:18

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A senior Iraqi official has accused an Iraq-based Iranian opposition group of planning a suicide attack against security forces, raising concern that the government may try to expel the exiles from the country. The Iraqi government has promised not to forcibly evict the Peoples' Mujahedeen Organization of Iran, known as the Mujahedeen Khalq, from its Camp Ashraf base north of Baghdad. But National Security Adviser Mouwaffak al-Rubaie was quoted as saying a resident of the camp had confessed that he had been told by camp leaders to stage a suicide attack against Iraqi security forces guarding it. The Peoples' Mujahedeen denied the allegation, calling it a "sheer lie." Al-Rubaie made his allegations Monday in Iran, saying the goal was to embarrass the Iraqi government and generate international sympathy for the exiles, the state-owned Sabah newspaper reported Tuesday.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

US-based Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen at his home in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania, US.
December 16, 2018
Turkey says Trump working on extraditing cleric accused of planning coup

By REUTERS