Soldier stabbed to death outside nightclub in apparent brawl

Police investigating, arrest suspects in connection to death of 18-year-old soldier found outside club in Ra'anana.

April 21, 2014 08:52
Man holds knife

Knife (illustrative) 370. (photo credit: Knife)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A teenage IDF soldier was stabbed to death in Ra’anana late on Sunday night after a brawl spilled into the street from a club in the city.

The soldier, 18-year-old Yiftah Grady, was stabbed in the upper body and left in critical condition outside the Shesh club. He died of his wounds not long after.

Sharon Subdistrict police said that several party-goers began fighting and were tossed out by the club’s security guards. Outside in the street, the brawl began anew.

Within hours, police had detained 20 suspects using surveillance camera footage, witness testimony and forensic evidence, investigators said.

Most were released but two, both over 18, were arrested. They will be brought to the Petah Tikva Magistrate’s Court for a remand extension on Tuesday morning.

Late Monday evening police said they had detained two more suspects, both described as being in their 20s.

Now is the time to join the news event of the year - The Jerusalem Post Annual Conference!
For more information and to sign up,
click here>>

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night


Cookie Settings