42-year-old woman believed stabbed to death by ex-lover in Tel Mond

Woman had complained that the suspect had acted violently toward her twice in October; suspect apprehended after manhunt.

October 22, 2013 12:16
Man holds knife

Knife (illustrative) 370. (photo credit: Knife)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A 42-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Tel Mond near Netanya on Tuesday morning.

Police suspect that a 49- year-old man who had been seeing the woman, Nava Chen, romantically over the past year, until they broke up last month, was behind the stabbing.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

The suspect allegedly came to her home and stabbed her, seriously wounding her.

She was rushed to Meir Medical Center in Kfar Saba, where she later succumbed to her wounds.

The suspect fled the scene, but a large contingent of Sharon District Police set off in a manhunt after the suspect, whose identity was known.

An initial investigation found that the victim turned to police twice during October with complaints that her former partner was acting violently toward her.

Police followed up on the complaints, but the man continued to harass her.

Ben Hartman contributed to this report.

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night