Israeli forces searching for three Jewish teenagers who went missing.
(photo credit: REUTERS)
A Palestinian Authority spokesman denounced Israel for blaming the new Fatah-Hamas unity government
for the disappearance of three settlers in the West Bank, Palestinian news agency Ma'an reported Friday night.
Adnan Dmeiri said the PA was not responsible for the safety of settlers and had no way to prevent the possible kidnapping of the teenagers.
The PA “is used to accusations from [Prime Minister Binyamin] Netanyahu’s arbitrary government, which does not want to commit to any agreement and wants to damage all relations with Palestinians,” he was quoted as saying.
Earlier on Friday, Israeli government officials said they were holding Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas responsible for the fate
of the three students. They also said they were holding the unity government responsible for the students' well-being.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>