Archie and the gang.
(photo credit: ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS)
Welcome to the April edition of the monthly Trivia Quiz. As “April” begins with “A,” the theme of this quiz is the letter A. Hence, all the questions and/or answers revolve around the letter A.
1. Who starred in the 1984 film Amadeus?
2. In what US state is the city of Albuquerque located?
3. Who wrote the 1925 song “Always” as a wedding gift for his wife?
4. In the Archie comics, what is Archie’s last name?
5. What was the middle name of inventor Thomas Edison?
6. What actor played the title role in the 1966 film Alfie? Who assumed the role in the 2004 remake?
7. Who starred in the 2001-2006 TV series Alias?
8. What band released an album in 1966 called Aftermath?
9. Who wrote the 1914 short story “Araby”?
10. Who played Col. Hannibal Smith on the 1980s TV series The A Team?
11. Who directed the 1997 film Amistad?
12. What does the acronym AIDS stand for?
13. According to the classical tale, what did Androcles do to earn the affection of a lion?
14. What is the name of the highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world?
15. Who co-starred in the 1960 Oscar-winning film The Apartment?
16. What is the capital of New York State?
17. In what city in India is the Taj Mahal located?
18. Respectively, what are arachnophobia, acrophobia and agoraphobia the fears of?
19. According to Greek mythology, what was the food of the Olympian gods called?
20. What does the “A” stand for in the name of the US basketball team the Oakland A’s?
21. In what body of water is the island of Aruba situated?
22. In what film does Al Pacino initiate the protest chant “Attica! Attica!”?
23. What bird symbolizes a curse in Coleridge’s 1798 epic poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner?
24. “Take the ‘A’ Train” was the signature tune for whose jazz orchestra?
25. In the zodiac, is Aquarius an air sign, a water sign, an earth sign or a fire sign?
1. Tom Hulce
2. New Mexico
3. Irving Berlin
6. Michael Caine; Jude Law
7. Jennifer Garner
8. The Rolling Stones
9. James Joyce
10. George Peppard
11. Steven Spielberg
12. Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
13. He removed a large thorn from its foot pad
14. Angel Falls, in Venezuela
15. Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine
18. Spiders; heights; enclosed public spaces
21. The Caribbean Sea
22. Dog Day Afternoon
23. The albatross
24. Duke Ellington’s
25. The Water Bearer is an air sign.