BREAKING NEWS

Afghan president: Civilian casualties no longer acceptable

KABUL - Afghan President Hamid Karzai told the commander of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, on Sunday that civilian casualties in the almost decade-old war were "no longer acceptable".
At a meeting in Kabul, Karzai told Petraeus his apology for the inadvertant killing of nine children last week in a NATO air strike was "not enough", Karzai's office said in a statement.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >