BREAKING NEWS

Bahrain appeals court orders retrial for 21 protest leaders

DUBAI - A Bahraini court has ordered a retrial for 21 men, including hunger striker Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, who were convicted in a military court of leading last year's pro-democracy uprising, the official news agency said on Monday.
"The court is (ordering) that the trial take place again and that testimony from prosecution and defense witnesses be heard once more as if it is a new trial," BNA said. It did not say if the men would be released.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use