BREAKING NEWS

Barak hopes Sinai attack will be 'wake-up call' for Egypt

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Monday that he hoped Sunday's terrorist attack in Sinai would spur Egypt to take stronger action.
"Perhaps this will be necessary wake-up call for the Egyptians to take matters in their hands in a more serious way," Barak told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee.Barak said that Israel's response was decisive, preventing a potentially worse attack, and that Israel was currently working with Egyptian authorities.
Recapping the incident, Barak said that eight terrorist were killed in the attacks, up from the previously reported six.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >