BREAKING NEWS

HU student recovers after being treated for snakebite on Golan

Hebrew University law and social work student Shaked Ben Ami, 27, is improving after being bitten on the foot by a poisonous viper during a trek on the Golan Heights on Sunday.
She already started vomiting in the Magen David Adom ambulance on the way to Safed’s Ziv Medical Center and was unstable, but her condition improved after treatment with anti-snake serum at the hospital’s intensive care unit.
The warmer-than-usual temperatures in the last two months have awakened snakes from their winter-long slumber. The hospital previously treated for snakebite a 10-year-old boy who was traveling with his class near Rosh Pina. There have been years in which more than 50 children and adults were bitten by snakes.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >