BREAKING NEWS

Iran condemns possible US military action

UNITED NATIONS — Iran took its case against the United States to the United Nations on Wednesday and strongly condemned the top US military chief for saying military action remains a possibility if the country develops nuclear weapons.
Iran's acting UN ambassador Eshagh Alehabib claimed in letters circulated to the secretary-general and presidents of the Security Council and General Assembly that Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other US officials and lawmakers "threatened" to use military action under the "totally false" pretense that Iran is developing nuclear weapons.Mullen said earlier this month that the US military has a plan to attack Iran although he thinks a military strike is probably a bad idea. Still, he said the risk of Iran developing a nuclear weapon is unacceptable and he reiterated that "the military option" remains on the table.
 
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use