BREAKING NEWS

Kazakh security forces corner suspects in Aktobe attack

ALMATY - Kazakhstan's security forces met with armed resistance from suspected militants in Aktobe on Friday, after cornering suspected perpetrators of a deadly attack days earlier in the northwest city, the National Security Committee (KNB) said.
"The terrorists have responded with armed resistance to a proposal to surrender," KNB said in a brief statement without providing any details.
Police have put the death toll from Sunday's attack by gunmen at 20. Authorities have not identified the group responsible, but has described them as "religious radicals."
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >