BREAKING NEWS

Lavrov says Syria ceasefire more likely to fail than succeed

 MUNICH - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Saturday that the odds of a ceasefire for Syria being successfully put in place by next week were less than 50 percent.
Asked at a security conference in Munich to assess the chances of the ceasefire deal succeeding, Lavrov answered: "49 percent". Asked the same question, his German counterpart Frank-Walter Steinmeier put the odds at 51 percent.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >