BREAKING NEWS

Lawyer: Israel offered $6 m. to Turkish raid victims

ANKARA - A Turkish lawyer said on Thursday that Israel had offered to pay $6 million to victims of Israel's storming of a Gaza-bound Turkish aid flotilla to settle lawsuits against the Israeli military.
However, a senior Israeli official who declined to be named said that Israel, having indicated last year that it was prepared to indemnify victims without accepting blame, had not renewed its offer.
Turkey-Israel relations deteriorated dramatically in 2010 after Israeli commandos stormed the Mavi Marmara ship to enforce a naval blockade of the Hamas-run Gaza Strip, killing nine Turks in clashes with activists.
Read the full story here
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy