BREAKING NEWS

Mattis slams 'false' reports on Trump request for nuclear arms hike

WASHINGTON, Oct 11 - US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Wednesday slammed what he said were "absolutely false" media reports asserting that President Donald Trump had called for an increase in the US nuclear arsenal.
"This kind of erroneous reporting is irresponsible," Mattis said in a written statement. NBC had reported that Trump sought a tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal, something Trump had already denied.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >