BREAKING NEWS

Mike Pompeo says no evidence Saudi prince ordered Khashoggi killing

WASHINGTON - US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday there was no direct evidence connecting Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi last month in Istanbul.
Pompeo spoke to reporters after he and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told the Senate behind closed doors that weakening US-Saudi ties over the killing would hurt national security.
"There is no direct reporting connecting the crown prince to the order to murder Jamal Khashoggi," Pompeo said.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >