BREAKING NEWS

Police cannot rule out Barcelona terror suspect may have crossed to France

BARCELONA - The chief of police in Catalonia said on Sunday he could not rule out that the last suspect still believed to be at large in the Barcelona attacks may have crossed to France.
"We don't have any specific information on this but it cannot be ruled out," Josep Lluis Trapero told a news conference in Barcelona, adding that border checks had been reinforced immediately after the attacks.
Trapero also said he could not confirm who was the driver of the van that killed 14 people in Barcelona.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >