BREAKING NEWS

Report: US civil rights leader Walter Fauntroy to return from Middle East

WASHINGTON - US civil rights leader Walter Fauntroy said he would return to Washington for the first time since he left for the Middle East in 2012 amid legal and financial troubles, the Washington Post reported on Thursday.
Fauntroy, 83, who helped organize the 1963 March on Washington, told the newspaper he would return from the United Arab Emirates next week."I have my ticket. I have my passport. Without question, it's over. I'm coming home," he was quoted as saying.
Fauntroy said he had been living rent-free for the past three months in Ajman, north of Dubai, in an apartment occupied by a South Sudanese couple and their son.
He said the State Department located him and U.S. officials visited to offer him help to fly home.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >