BREAKING NEWS

Report: US sailors expected to be held in Iran overnight

WASHINGTON - The United States believes that the 10 US sailors being held in Iran will likely not be allowed to leave Tuesday night, given the late hour, two US officials told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Earlier, US defense officials said the sailors - nine men and one woman - had been on two riverine patrol boats when they were taken into Iranian custody. The United States says the ships were en route from Kuwait to Bahrain at the time.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >