In what police suspect was an act of arson, an apartment caught fire in Ramat Gan Tuesday morning, injuring five people.
According to police, the fire spread to the ground-floor apartment on Neve Yehoshua Street from four blazing motorbikes parked at the entrance to the building.
Four building residents suffered from smoke inhalation and another suffered burns on their hand. All five were evacuated to the Sheba Medica Center in Tel Hashomer. The fire also caused heavy damage to the apartment.
Several suspects were seen fleeing the scene, and police opened an investigation into the incident.