BREAKING NEWS

Syria ceasefire not broken yet, rebel official says

BEIRUT - There have been no air strikes or clashes in southwestern Syria since a U.S.-Russian brokered ceasefire deal took effect on Sunday morning, a war monitoring group and a rebel official said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based monitor, said "calm was prevailing" in the area since the truce began at noon Damascus time. A rebel official in Deraa city also said there had been no significant fighting.
There was no immediate comment from the Syrian army.
The United States, Russia and Jordan reached this week a ceasefire and "de-escalation agreement" meant to halt fighting between Syrian government forces and rebel groups in the southwest.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >