BREAKING NEWS

Tourist suffers brain death from severe reaction to tehina; family donates organs

A 30-year-old tourist from South Africa suffered lower-brain death a few weeks ago as a result of eating tehina where she was staying alone.
She quickly developed anaphylactic shock and lost consciousness.
When she was found medical personal were called and she was subsequently hospitalized at Jerusalem?s Sha'are Zedek Medical Center, which contacted her family abroad.
The family agreed to donate her organs for transplant. The organs were removed and sent to the Israel Transplantation Center.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >