BREAKING NEWS

Turkey issues arrest warrants for 115 people in connection with coup attempt

ANKARA - Turkish authorities issued detention warrants for 115 people across 15 provinces over alleged links to last year's failed coup attempt, the state-run Anadolu news agency said on Friday.
The operations were aimed at breaking up the "financial structuring" of the network of U.S.-based Fethullah Gulen, Anadolu said.
Ankara blames Gulen for orchestrating the July 15 coup attempt last year and has repeatedly demanded the United States extradite him, so far in vain. Gulen denies involvement.
In the aftermath of the coup, more than 50,000 people have been jailed pending trial and some 150,000 have been sacked or suspended from their jobs in the military, public and private sector.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >