BREAKING NEWS

Turkish interior minister says Diyarbakir blast was terrorist attack

ISTANBUL, April 12 - An explosion at a police compound in the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir that killed three people on Tuesday was the result of a terrorist attack, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said on Wednesday.
In an interview with the broadcaster Haberturk, Soylu said the attack had been launched via a tunnel dug beneath the compound. The death toll from the attack has risen to three from an initial one, hospital sources said on Wednesday.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >