BREAKING NEWS

Turkish official: Ankara not involved in raid on Somalian Islamist militia

ANKARA - Turkish special forces did not take any part in a dawn attack on a stronghold of the Somalian Islamist militia al Shaabab, a foreign ministry official said on Saturday, denying an accusation by the Islamist militia.
Al Shabaab had said British and Turkish special forces carried out a raid in the small town of Barawe in the south of the country, killing one rebel. It said a British officer had been killed and several British soldiers and one Turk wounded.
"No such thing has taken place," the Turkish official said.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >