BREAKING NEWS

Turkish plan to drive Islamic State from Raqqa under discussion - Erdogan spokesman

ANKARA, Feb 8 - Turkey has presented a detailed plan to drive Islamic State out of its Raqqa stronghold in northern Syria and discussions on the issue are underway, the spokesman for Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday.
Speaking to broadcaster NTV, Ibrahim Kalin said there had been better coordination with the US-led coalition on air strikes in the last 10 days and Ankara's priority was to establish a safe zone between the Syrian towns of Azaz and Jarablus.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >