BREAKING NEWS

UK police say suspicious package in Manchester deemed safe, cordon removed

LONDON - A reported suspicious package in Manchester which British army bomb disposal experts investigated has been deemed safe, police said Thursday, adding that a cordon had been removed.
"There was a cordon in Hulme, not Trafford as previously suggested, relating to a possible suspicious package," the Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.
"This has now been deemed safe and the cordon has been removed."
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >