UK police say Wiltshire pair were poisoned after handling 'contaminated item'

LONDON - British police said on Thursday a man and a woman who are critically ill after being poisoned with the Novichok nerve agent in southern England had been exposed to the toxin after handling a contaminated item.
"Following further tests of samples from the patients, we now know that they were exposed to the nerve agent after handling a contaminated item," London police said in a statement.
"Detectives are working as quickly and as diligently as possible to identify the source of the contamination."
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy