BREAKING NEWS

US State Department denies cancellation of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks

WASHINGTON - The US State Department on Monday denied reports that US-brokered peace talks between Israelis and Palestinians had been canceled following clashes in the West Bank.
"I can assure you that no meetings have been canceled," State Department spokeswoman Mari Harf told Reuters. "The parties are engaged in serious and sustained negotiations," she said.
Earlier on Monday, AFP quoted a senior Palestinian official as saying that the Palestinians had canceled talks with the Israelis after Israeli troops shot dead three Palestinians during an early morning raid to arrest a suspected militant in the West Bank.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >