White House plays down Trump son's meeting with Russian lawyer last year
WASHINGTON, July 10 - There was nothing inappropriate about a meeting President Donald Trump's son had with a Russian attorney during the presidential campaign last year, the White House said on Monday, adding it was short and produced "absolutely no follow-up.""The only thing I see inappropriate about the meeting was the people that leaked the information on the meeting after it was voluntarily disclosed," White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders told a briefing, adding that it was routine during political campaigns for people to call offering information."Don Junior took a very short meeting from which there was absolutely no follow-up," Sanders said.
US State Dept OKs sale of counter mortar radar system to Saudi