By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Police say 24 people have been injured in a fire caused by a Christmas candle at a nursing home in southern Germany.
Rescue officials in the Bavarian city of Straubing say they extinguished the blaze that injured 22 elderly residents, a nurse and a firefighter on Wednesday morning. Most were treated for smoke inhalation and released, but the 69-year-old man who lived in the room where the fire began was badly hurt.
He was pulled out of the room by a nurse.
Police said the fire was probably started by his Advent wreath, a traditional decoration with candles to mark each of the four weeks before Christmas.
var cont = `Stay Informed
As the war against Hamas unfolds, our unwavering newsroom remains committed to covering Israel's most profound crisis.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real-time news and in-depth analysis from our top reporters.