A prominent group of Indian lawyers is refusing to defend the lone surviving gunman or any other suspects in last month's terrorist attacks on Mumbai, officials said Wednesday. A resolution passed over the weekend by the Mumbai Metropolitan Magistrate Court's Bar Association admonishes its 1,000 members against representing any criminal defendants in cases stemming from the Nov. 26-29 assault. "He is not the same as other criminals arrested," Rohini Wagh, president of the association, said of the gunman. "His main aim was an attack on our city, our country." Mohammed Ajmal Kasab was one of 10 suspected Muslim militants who staged a 60-hour siege on luxury hotels, a restaurant and other sites across Mumbai that left 171 people dead and 294 wounded.