'Malaysian jetliner disappearance was suicide mission'

Sources close to investigation tell British 'Telegraph' that data suggest plane was intact when it crashed.

A relative of a passenger on the missing Malaysia Airlines jet grieves in Beijing. (photo credit: REUTERS)
A relative of a passenger on the missing Malaysia Airlines jet grieves in Beijing.
(photo credit: REUTERS)
The pilots of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 may have deliberately crashed the jetliner into the Indian Ocean as part of a suicide mission, sources close to the investigation told the British newspaper Telegraph on Tuesday.
There is a growing belief within the team investigating the mysterious disappearance of the Boeing 777 that the plane was flown in a “rational” manner and that it was not a technical or structural malfunction of the aircraft that led it to fall out of the sky, according to the Telegraph.
Analysts are basing the “suicide mission theory” on the routing, signaling, and communications data transmitted from the aircraft.
“This has been a deliberate act by someone on board who had to have had the detailed knowledge to do what was done,” the Telegraph quoted a source close to the investigation as saying. “Nothing is emerging that points to motive.”
China's Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday it hopes Britain will provide satellite data by British firm Inmarsat on the missing Malaysian Airlines plane.
When asked whether China wants Britain to give China the satellite information, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said he hoped the "relevant country" could provide it.
Citing groundbreaking satellite-data analysis by Inmarsat, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said on Monday that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which vanished more than two weeks ago while flying to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur, had crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.
Dozens of angry relatives of passengers on the missing jetliner clashed with police outside the Malaysian Embassy in Beijing on Tuesday as they demanded the airline and the government in Kuala Lumpur explain what happened.
The relatives threw water bottles at police, who had formed a human wall around the embassy gate. Many of the protesters were pushed back, witnesses said. A woman who fainted was carried away on a stretcher.