Wind cooperates with firefighters on California blaze
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Montecito fire spokeswoman Jackie Jenkins said Friday night another 1,500 homes in Montecito were threatened, but wind conditions in the evening had been relatively mild.
Jenkins said 111 homes have been confirmed destroyed in a celebrity-studded enclave of Northern California, and the burned area has expanded to 728 hectares.
Fierce winds were blamed for fanning the flames that quickly spread across Montecito on Thursday night and into Friday. Thirteen people have been injured in the blaze, which more than 1,000 firefighters are working to contain.
var cont = `Stay Informed
As the war against Hamas unfolds, our unwavering newsroom remains committed to covering Israel's most profound crisis.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real-time news and in-depth analysis from our top reporters.