Incoming rocket sirens were activated in southern Israel on Sunday night, hours after Defense Minister Naftali Bennett warned Hamas that “no one will be immune” from IDF action following the continued launching of explosive balloons and rockets from the Gaza Strip.The IDF said one rocket was identified as being launched from the coastal enclave. There were no reports of injury or damage after the projectile struck an open field. Earlier on Sunday evening, Hamas responded to the threats made by Netanyahu and Bennett earlier, warning Israel that it would bear the consequences of any “foolish action” in the Gaza Strip. The terrorist group stressed in a statement that the threats would only push the Palestinians to “continue their struggle” and to engage with Israel in “all forms of struggle and resistance” to defend their rights and protect their interests.“The lawless conduct of Hamas leadership is bringing us closer to fatal action against them. We will not announce when or where, but no one will be immune,” Bennett said following a situation assessment in the Gaza Division.Bennett held the assessment along with the Southern Command chief Maj.-Gen. Hertzi Halevi, Deputy Chief of Staff Maj.-Gen. Eyal Zamir, Gaza Division Commander, Brig.-Gen. Eliezer Toledano and representatives from Israel’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) and the National Security Council.“The State of Israel does not want a war with Hamas in Gaza, but we have a commitment to the security of southern residents,” he said. “Hamas faces the choice: to choose life and economic prosperity or to choose terror and pay an unbearable price.”There has been incessant rocket fire and explosive balloons launched towards Israel’s south from the Hamas-run Strip since the release last month of US President Donald Trump’s “Deal of the Century” peace plan which has been rejected by the terrorist group. There has also been a spike in violence in the West Bank and Jerusalem, leading to the deaths of four Palestinians and injured dozens of soldiers.Over a dozen rockets and mortars as well as countless explosive balloons and condoms have been launched towards Gaza periphery communities.IDF tanks struck two Hamas positions in the Gaza Strip on Saturday night after a mortar was fired from the coastal enclave.“We have no intention of allowing terrorism to succeed,” IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Aviv Kochavi said on Thursday following a violent day in which three Palestinians were killed and dozens of IDF troops were injured.“Our directive is very clear to all troops on the ground – to thwart and prevent all terrorist activity. When I say terrorism, I also mean the throwing of rocks, Molotov cocktails, explosive balloons... All of these are terrorism. The message is clear, not this attack, not the bombings, not the firing of the rockets, all these acts – will not succeed.”Israel will not tolerate aggression from Gaza, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned on Sunday, as terrorists continued to launch projectiles into Israel."Just a few weeks ago, we assassinated the senior commander of Palestinian Islamic Jihad in Gaza,” Netanyahu stated, “and I suggest that Islamic Jihad and Hamas refresh their memories.”Netanyahu said Israel is “ready for decisive action against terrorist organizations in Gaza.“Our actions are very strong and they are not over, to say the least,” he added.Tzvi Joffre contributed to this article.