Boy dies 3 days after electrocution in Kiryat Motzkin pool
Investigators are trying to determine whether the pool’s owner was negligent.
By BEN HARTMAN
A five-year-old boy passed away on Thursday, three days after he received an electric shock when he entered a swimming pool in Kiryat Motzkin.Police said Itai Freum received the electrical shock the second he touched the water at the Gali Gil pool on Monday, and almost drowned before he was pulled from the water by bystanders and rushed to hospital in critical condition.Investigators are trying to determine whether the pool’s owner was negligent, after their suspicions were raised that an electric cable used to pump water over a mushroom-shaped installation had been left exposed.An electrical engineer who inspected the site for police said on Wednesday that the manner in which the electric cable had been set up showed serious negligence An attorney representing pool owner Gabi Ben-Galim on Wednesday took issue with the allegation, saying that police did not allow an expert asked to check the site on behalf of Ben-Galim to do so.On Thursday, police said they will weigh pursuing charges of negligent homicide against Ben-Galim.
var cont = `Sign up for The Jerusalem Post Premium Plus for just $5
Upgrade your reading experience with an ad-free environment and exclusive content