Couple seriously hurt after eating blowfish regain consciousness
By JPOST.COM STAFF
The couple from Kiryat Yam who were admitted in serious condition to Rambam Hospital in Haifa on Saturday after eating a poisonous blowfish regained consciousness on Monday.
On Saturday evening, the two, aged 47 and 48, called an ambulance complaining of serious stomach aches. On the way to the hospital, the wife lost consciousness, stopped breathing and went into cardiac arrest.
The husband's condition also deteriorated as he arrived in the hospital.
The blowfish is edible but many parts of it, especially the liver and other internal organs but also the skin, are extremely poisonous. A physician at the hospital said there was no antidote for the poison, the only treatment being an iron lung and constant monitoring.
var cont = `Stay Informed
As the war against Hamas unfolds, our unwavering newsroom remains committed to covering Israel's most profound crisis.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real-time news and in-depth analysis from our top reporters.