Paramedics pronounce disabled woman dead; firefighters: Shabbat candles may have started fire.
By JPOST.COM STAFF
A disabled, wheelchair-bound 50-year-old woman was burned to death in Jerusalem Friday evening, in her house on David Yalin Street.
A preliminary probe suggested the fire started when Shabbat candles fell from a shelf situated over the woman's bed.
Fire fighters called to the scene managed to contain the flames. MDA paramedics found the woman in critical condition and pronounced her dead after resuscitation attempts failed.
The fire fighters and paramedics were called to the scene after neighbors who noticed smoke coming out of the woman's apartment and could not force the locked door open.
The woman's husband returned home from Friday evening prayers at the synagogue shortly before the paramedics arrived.
var cont = `Stay Informed
As the war against Hamas unfolds, our unwavering newsroom remains committed to covering Israel's most profound crisis.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real-time news and in-depth analysis from our top reporters.