print
gohome
Print Edition
Armed police officers stand near the Manchester Arena, where US singer Ariana Grande had been performing, in Manchester, northern England, Britain May 23, 2017. .(Photo by: REUTERS)
Jewish groups slam suspected terror attack at Manchester concert
By TAMARA ZIEVE
05/23/2017
The Jewish world agrees that the attack was "appalling and barbaric."
The World Jewish Congress on Tuesday condemned the suspected terror attack that killed at least 22 concert-goers at Manchester Arena in Manchester, on Monday night, describing it as “despicable and horrendous.”

Many of the fans at the Ariana Grande concert were young.

WJC President Ronald Lauder said: “We mourn the victims of this carnage, and our hearts go out to the many injured, to the families who lost love ones in this sickening act of terrorism, and to the British people.

“The world stands united in its resolve to confront and defeat the scourge of terrorism. Our liberties and our way of life shall triumph,” he said.

The European Jewish Congress too slammed the attack as “appalling and barbaric.”

“This horrific attack demonstrates once again that the enemies of civilization have no boundaries,” Dr. Moshe Kantor, president of the EJC, said.

“This was a concert attended by mostly youth and children and is a ghastly reminder that terrorism sees all of us as potential targets, regardless of age, religion, nationality or background.

“Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased, our prayers with those injured for a speedy and full recovery and our solidarity with the British people and government,” he added.
print gohome
JPost.com: Arab-Israeli Conflict | Israel News | Diaspora | Middle East | Opinion | Premium | Blogs | Not Just News | Edition Francaise | Green Israel

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy