European Soccer: Bnei Yehuda takes control with 4-0 win over Dinaburg

The draw for the third qualifying round will be held on Friday and will include Hapoel Tel Aviv.

bnei yehuda yay 224 88 (photo credit: asaf kliger)
bnei yehuda yay 224 88
(photo credit: asaf kliger)
Bnei Yehuda is all but through to the Europa League's third qualifying round after defeating Dinaburg FC of Latvia 4-0 at Bloomfield Stadium on Thursday. Bnei Yehuda thoroughly outplayed Dinaburg in the first leg of the second qualifying round and, despite missing an opportunity to win by a far more comprehensive score line, will surely advance to the penultimate round of qualifying in Latvia next week. "It wasn't so easy in the first half, but I'm glad we managed to create more chances in the second half and find the back of the net," coach Guy Luzon said. "We are still not playing well enough, but we got the job done tonight and we need to progress from here." The draw for the third qualifying round will be held on Friday and will include Hapoel Tel Aviv, which enters the competition in qualifying round three, and Maccabi Netanya, which drew 0-0 with Malta's Sliema Wanderers earlier this week, as well as Bnei Yehuda. Maccabi Haifa, which thrashed Glentoran 6-0 on Wednesday, will be drawn in the third qualifying round of the Champions League on Friday. Bnei Yehuda broke the deadlock in the 25th minute on Thursday thanks to Pedro Galvan's third goal in three continental matches this season. The Argentinian blasted in the opener from 25 meters out, with the Latvian 'keeper reaching the ball, only to turn it into his own net. Seven minutes from the interval Galvan crossed a corner perfectly for Dean Mori, who doubled his team's advantage with a powerful header. Bnei Yehuda was in complete control in the second half and Eliran Atar finally scored the goal he deserved in the 67th minute. Atar and Galvan teamed-up exquisitely, with the Argentinian sending a looping pass into the area and the young striker giving the 'keeper no chance with his volley. As the match progressed it seemed as though the hosts would fail to score the fourth goal they so desperately wanted. However, in stoppage time Liroy Zhairi latched on to Atar's cross and made sure Bnei Yehuda will cruise into the third qualifying round next week.