Abbas: Netanyahu gives Hamas money and we pay the price when they attack

The PA knows that Hamas was behind these attacks, Abbas added. "They [Israel] give Hamas the money, and we pay the price," Abbas said.

By
December 22, 2018 21:23
1 minute read.
Abbas: Netanyahu gives Hamas money and we pay the price when they attack

Jordan's King Abdullah II (R), his son Crown Prince Hussein (L) and Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas meet in Amman ahead of the churches' celebrations of Christmas on December 18, 2018. (photo credit: AFP PHOTO / PPO / THAER GHANAIM)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday accused the Israeli government of facilitating the delivery of money to the Gaza Strip to help Hamas stay in power.
Abbas, who was speaking during a meeting of the PA leadership in Ramallah, said that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was assisting the delivery of the funds to Hamas also to prevent reconciliation between the Gaza-based movement and his Fatah faction.

“Netanyahu personally takes the money and gives it to Hamas,” Abbas said, referring to the Qatari cash grants that were delivered to the Gaza Strip in the past few weeks. “Netanyahu is doing this personally. What does this mean? Then he sends [to the West Bank] weapons, equipment and money. We have laid our hands on 90% of what was sent to us [by Hamas.] The remaining 10% went to the last [terrorist] attacks which took place here. Hamas has admitted that it was behind these attacks, and Israel has admitted that Hamas was behind them.”
The PA knows that Hamas was behind these attacks, Abbas added.
“They [Israel] give Hamas the money, and we pay the price,” he said.

Abbas said that Israel was in a state of “confusion” and suffering from isolation because of its measures against the Palestinians.


He also reiterated the Palestinians’ refusal to conduct any negotiations with the US administration and rejection of US President Donald Trump’s yet-to-be-announced plan for peace in the Middle East, dubbing it the “slap of the century.” The US administration, he said, is not an honest broker.

Abbas said that all attempts to “tamper” with the security of the Palestinians won’t stop them from thwarting Trump’s purported peace plan.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Border Police forces getting briefed before Passover
April 19, 2019
Erdan shuts down soccer match glorifying Palestinian prisoners in Jerusalem

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF