Druse IDF soldier beaten 'for speaking Arabic' after leaving nightclub

IDF soldier from Daliat el-Carmel badly beaten after leaving nightclub.

February 7, 2015 20:46
Druse IDF soldier Razzi Houseysa in hospital after beating

Druse IDF soldier Razzi Houseysa in hospital after beating. (photo credit: AMIR HOUSEYSA)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Razzi Houseysa, a soldier serving in the IDF's Golani unit, was attacked on Friday night in a nightclub for "speaking Arabic," he says.

Houseysa, who Druse and is from Daliat el-Carmel, was on a vacation from the army and went on Friday night to the Ultrasound nightclub at Kibbutz Yagur. The party at the nightclub was for soldiers only and entrance was only granted when the soldier presented proof of his service.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

After Houseysa left the party, he and his friends went to the parking lot. There, according to him, a group of youth attacked him with rocks and punched him until he lost conciousness. He woke up at Rambam Medical Center in Haifa.

Houseysa's cousin Amir told Maariv Online "his only sin is that he spoke with his friend in Arabic. It cost him a fractured face, surgery and the pain is unbearable," he said. He said Houseysa had not quarreled with anyone at the club and that the party went smoothly and without incident.

His cousin added that the attackers were able to escape.

Related Content

July 22, 2018
IDF strikes balloon-launching terror cell in Gaza