Hamas has threatened to carry out an attack that could disrupt the Eurovision song contest, according to the Hebrew affairs editor for Hamas’ Al-Aqsa TV.
In a program aired on May 6, a day after Palestinian terrorists shot more than 700 rockets from Gaza at Israel, Mu'min Meqdad said that if Israel does not honor the understandings set between Israel and Hamas to the terror organization’s liking, “the resistance will have the last word."
“I think that the coming days will be a test for the occupation,” Meqdad said. “If the occupation evades [its responsibilities], I believe that the resistance [Hamas] can deprive the occupation the pleasure of a number of the coming opportunities, such as the European Song Contest. There is still room to maneuver in the coming days."
The video clip was translated by Palestinian Media Watch and disseminated to the press.
The Eurovision song contest is set to launch at 10 p.m. Israel time on May 14 and run through May 18. Some 41 countries are slated to compete in the competition in Tel Aviv.
Israel’s Neta Barzilai won last year’s competition.