Danon asks UN to condemn organ-harvesting ‘blood libel’

Chief Palestinian delegate at the United Nations, Riyad Mansour, described what he said was the alleged harvesting of body parts of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces.

By
November 5, 2015 01:08
1 minute read.
Danny Danon addressing the UN Security Council, October 22, 2015

Danny Danon addressing the UN Security Council, October 22, 2015. (photo credit: UN PHOTO/KIM HAUGHTON)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

NEW YORK –Ambassador to the UN Danny Danon called on Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to condemn the recent Palestinian accusations that Israel harvested the organs of Palestinians killed in October.

Palestinian representative at the UN Riyad Mansour wrote a letter to British Ambassador Matthew Rycroft, the president of the Security Council for November, earlier this week, seeking to “draw attention to the grave situation in Occupied Palestine, including East Jerusalem.”

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


In the letter, Mansur wrote that “after returning the seized bodies of Palestinians killed by the occupying forces through October, and following medical examinations, it has been reported that the bodies were returned with missing corneas and other organs, further confirming past reports of organ harvesting by the occupying power from the Palestinian victims of its brutality.”

The document also mentions “Israel’s lethal and illegal policies and measures against the defenseless Palestinian civilian population, with no one considered too young or too old to be spared.

“The situation remains precarious due to Israel’s insistence on use of violent force and oppression measures,” Mansur wrote.

He appended a list of recent “crimes perpetrated daily by the Israeli occupying forces and terrorist settlers,” including the organ-harvesting accusations, toward the bottom of the page.

In addition, Mansur stressed that the Palestinian mission to the UN wished to “reiterate [its] call for immediate international action,” and that “if this aggression and stoking of tensions continues, the situation will surely deteriorate further, despair will deepen and any ounce of hope left for a political horizon will disappear.”

JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:


Danon called Mansur’s accusations of organ-harvesting “sinister” and urged Ban to repudiate them and “condemn the ongoing incitement by Palestinian leaders.”

“This blood libel by the Palestinian representative exposes his anti-Semitic motives and his true colors,” Danon said. “Anti-Semitism has no place in the halls of the United Nations and must be denounced.”

Danon has asked the United Nations to denounce Palestinian incitement on many occasions since he took up his post.

On October 22, at his first Security Council meeting, Danon said Palestinian children have been “receiving lessons in hatred from their leaders, in their schools and on children’s television programs.

The secretary-general and the Security Council have not commented on the accusations.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

A member of Hamas' military police walks through rubble at a site that was hit by Israeli air strike
November 14, 2018
Former US envoy: A military defeat of Hamas now is bad for Israel

By TOVAH LAZAROFF