Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaks during an annual state memorial ceremony for Israel's first prime minister, David Ben Gurion, at his gravesite in Sde Boker Israel November 14, 2018.
(photo credit: RONEN ZVULUN/REUTERS)
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement "completely rejecting" Regional Cooperation Minister Tzachi Hanegbi's statement on Thursday.
"Hamas's aggression is not 'minor,' and there is no distinction between Hamas firing at southern communities and shooting at any other part of the State of Israel," Netanyahu said.
Netanyahu was the most recent statement dismissing Hanegbi's comments on Army Radio.
"Hamas response was minor, there is a difference between Tel Aviv and other communities," Hanegbi said.
Hanegbi was referring to the 460 rockets Hamas launched two days earlier in the week, killing one and injuring several, including an IDF soldier.
A slew of politicians rushed to defend Israel's southern communities, including Sports and Culture Minister Miri Regev
"Tzachi Hanegbi my friend, you were wrong! Your statement was misplaced," Regev said. " As I said this week, when visiting Sderot and the Negev, the law in the Gaza Strip, is the law in Tel Aviv. Any rocket fire that endangers the safety and security of the citizens of the State of Israel everywhere must produce a harsh and identical response."Herb Keinon and Yvette J. Deane contributed to this report.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>