Opposition groups in Syria released video footage on Monday purporting to show the moments immediately following a reported Israeli air strike in Syria that killed six Hezbollah operatives and six Iranian soldiers.
The footage appears to show a large cloud of smoke allegedly caused by the two missiles fired from IAF helicopters at two armed vehicles.
A man is later seen fleeing from the scene of the alleged Israeli attack.
Among those killed in the attack was Iranian Revolutionary Guards General Mohammad Allahdadi. The official website for the Revolutionary Guards reported Monday that Allahdadi was killed in a "Zionist helicopter attack while he was inspecting the Quneitra region."
A statement from Iran's Foreign Ministry suggested that some were merely injured or unscathed in the attack, expressing its condolences to those killed as well as those “who survived the terrorist act.”
Iran said that the strike attributed to Israel "indicates that the Syria war is a part of the confrontation with the Zionist regime."
Tehran called on Hezbollah to persevere in its "path of Jihad and martyrdom against occupation and foreign interference in the affairs of other nations.”
Hezbollah said that among the operatives killed in the strike was Jihad Mughniyeh, the son of Hezbollah's late military leader Imad Mughniyeh.
Western intelligence sources said Jihad Mughniyeh headed a large-scale terrorist cell that enjoyed direct Iranian sponsorship and a direct link to Hezbollah. The cell had already targeted Israel in the past, launching attacks on the Golan Heights.
Now is the time to join the news event of the year - The Jerusalem Post Annual Conference!
For more information and to sign up, click here>>