COMMUNAL DANCING INTO THE NIGHT - Sat., 8 p.m., front courtyard of Heichal Shlomo, next to main synagogue. Separate dancing for men and women.
PURIM AT THE TRAIN THEATER - Colorful, lively and fun. Music at 10:30 a.m. Two Ladies and a Pepper, Sat., 11 a.m., followed by workshop. Daddy Ate a Tiger, Sun., 11 a.m. and 5, followed by a workshop. Bentzi the Elephant, Mon., 11 a.m. Story Theater, Mon., 4:30 and 5:30. Liberty Bell Garden, Train Theater & 561-8514
Click for upcoming events calendar!
PURIM AT THE TISCH FAMILY BIBLICAL ZOO - Opening of exhibit: 'Cats at the Top' in honor of the new tigresses. Sat. activities: story hour at 11:30 a.m. Feeding times: 11 a.m.-2:30. Australian Hatzer tours 11:30 a.m. and 4. Malha, today, 9 a.m.-4:30; Sat., 10 a.m.-5; Sun.-Thurs., 9 a.m.-5 & 675-0111
PURIM FAMILY FUN - Adventurous tour to ancient Persia and the treasures of the museum. Tours led by costumed actors: 10:30 a.m.-1:30. Creative workshops, self-guided activities in English and Hebrew. Adult guided tours. Bible Lands Museum, Sun. and Mon., 10:30 a.m.-2:30
LE-HISHTOLEL BE-HILLEL - Jerusalem's main Purim event for the whole family. Venetian street theater and masks come to Hillel Street. Clowns, children's workshops, live "statues", flames, acrobatics. Rehov Hillel, Mon., 4-8
CARNIVAL - Festivities and Purim events. Jerusalem Theater, Mon., from 11:45 a.m. to 3 p.m., NIS 10
PURIM HAPPENING - Beit Shmuel, Shimshon Center, Sun., 10 a.m.-2
PURIM AT THE MUSEUM - Sunday: Purim art workshops in the spirit of surrealism, 10:30 a.m.-2. Monday: Marsh Dondurma, Velcro, clowns, face theater, costume contest, Purim workshops in the spirit of Dada and surrealism, masks workshop, 10:30 a.m.-3. Admission and performances free on Mon. Israel Museum & 670-8811
PURIM AT KANYON HAREL, MEVASSERET - Sunday: Music Box, 11 a.m., 12:30, 5. Theater in a Box, 11 a.m., 12:30. Royal Court, 11:30 a.m. Jugglers, 5:30. Monday: One Man Band, 11:30 a.m., 1:30, 5. Jack and the Balloons, 11:30 a.m., 1:30. African Experience, 5:30 & 533-5416
PURIM FOR KIDS - Colors of Nature. Family activities based on camouflage, animal masks. Society for Protection of Nature, Sergei Courtyard, Mon., 10 a.m.-12 & 625-2357
BEIT AVI HAI - Evenings of laughter, music, stand-up comedy and hassidic rock music. King George 44, Sat. and Sun., 9
KEF TZUBA PURIM - 50% off for children wearing costumes. Many blow-up jumping castles, games rooms, bumper cars, train rides. Sun., 5 - goat milking, Mon., 5 - music workshop. Kibbutz Tzuba & 534-7000
Tel Aviv area
- Megilla reading and festive party. Gymnasia Herzliya, Jabotinsky 106, Sat., 6:45 & 0505-400-172
OUTDOOR MEGILLA READING
- Presented by Ta'ir, with pantomime, followed by music, dancing, and talk by Tel Aviv Chief Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau. Sat., 8:15, Rothschild Blvd, corner Sheinkin.
HOLON ANNUAL PURIM ADLOYADA
- Parade with 4,500 participants from Israel and for the first time, participants from abroad. Bands, circus acts, acrobats, dancers, street theater. Sponsored by Children's Television Channel. Holon, Sokolov-Weizmann-Ha'iriya, Sun., from 12
- Four plays presented by HaTeatron Shelanu. Bentzi, Sun., 11 a.m. In the Forest, Sun., 5:30. Apartment to Rent, Mon., 11 a.m. The Fisherman and the Goldfish, Mon., 5:30. Tel Aviv, Yad Lebanim, Shine Auditorium, Sun. and Mon.
- Admission free. Holon Adloyada's performers participate in this Purim event. Creative workshops, make-up, wigs, masks. The Magic Potion: Theater-dance performance about a shy boy, 5:30. Holon, Mediatheque, Sun., 5-7 & 03-502-1555
COLORS, MUSIC AND MASKS
- Purim event at the School of Arts and Media. Hashifa, Kfar Hayarok, Sun., 5:30-11
ISRAEL CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
- Creative workshops and special activities include masks, hats and scented mobiles. Nature, life and thinking and feeling pavilions. Two tour groups: ages 4-8 and ages 8-11. Holon, Mifraz Shlomo, Peres Park, Sat.,10 a.m.-1, Sun. and Mon., 10 a.m-4 & 1599-585858
DIALOGUE IN THE DARK
- Participants are given a walking stick and taken on a tour by blind guides, in pitch darkness, through a "park", "market place", "boat ride", "coffee shop", and more. From age 9. Mifratz Shlomo 1, Peres Park, Sun., 9:30 a.m.-2:30, tours every 15 mins. & 1599-585858
- The Megilla Comes to Life. Admission free. Displays of Purim holiday traditions including the king's feast and Haman. Mercaz Hacarmel, Louis Tayelet, Panorama St., Sun., 11 a.m.-4 & 835-6862
- Sports-themed parade, Sun., 10:30 a.m.-2:30, Herzl St. Main stage in Independence Square starts at noon
MINI ISRAEL PARK
- Kids in costume enter free for the entire festival, March 2 through Mar 5. Purim Carnival today, special activities Sat., Sun., Mon., & (08) 913-0000 for details.
AFRIKEF MONKEY PARK
- Yoga and Laughter Workshop (Sun. and Mon.). Fun and activities in the jungle for the whole family. Ben Shemen, Kfar Daniel, today, 10 a.m.-4, Sat., 10 a.m.-6, Sun.-Thurs. & 08-928-5888
- Chocolate moulding workshops in animal shapes (on Sat.). Games, gymboree, blow-up jumping castles, and much more. Kibbutz Givat Brenner
PAINT YOUR OWN POTTERY
- Painting on pottery, wood, glass, playground, coffee shop. For Purim: masks and noisemakers. Ornament, Rishpon, Hacharuv 1, today, 10 a.m.-3; Sat., 11 a.m.-5; Sun.-Thurs., 10 a.m.-6 & 054