In a recent column in The Washington Post, “Stop laughing at Donald Trump,” a liberal analyst from the Brookings Institution tries to warn the Washington, D.C. beltway elites that they should take the businessman seriously because he has figured out how to win a national election—by taking the white vote. Trump has realized the White spiritual majority exists, although now it is silent, and it is ready to vote for somebody who is not a part of the existing political establishment.
Indeed, the White spiritual majority exists in US, and that is not a racist against-somebody majority. The White spiritual majority is not skin-white – this majority includes peoples of different colors. They are soul-white if the soul is a home of moral principles, which make the humans the truly human.
This majority consists of those who have finally understood they are losing – in the name of “social justice” and other politically correct dogmas – the very foundation of their moral existence, which is Judeo-Christian one. They have finally realized that the existing political powers are not able to preserve the Judeo-Christian foundation, and even more – our political powers are interested in dethroning the Judeo-Christian fundamental spiritual ideas and replacing them by human-made ideas because such replacement makes the politicians the supreme human leaders. Such replacement helps the politicians solidify their power over the rest of us and provide for themselves great personal material benefits.
A similar situation exists in Israel. The White spiritual Israeli majority, which is not of course color-white, is trying to restore a traditional Jewish Torah-based realm in their own traditional family/society interpretation – not in the interpretation of any religious streams or non-religious ideologies.
The US White spiritual majority wants the government to be cut in size drastically, to get rid of many government regulations and to get back the individual Bible-based moral responsibilities. The recent rise of a non-political Donald Trump as a presidential candidate is due to distrust of the existing political parties (Democrats and Republicans) by the White spiritual majority. John McCain whose “politically-correct” mind-set led to the failure to demonstrate anti-Judeo-Christian mind-set of Barak Obama during the 2008 presidential debates upset this majority. The American White spiritual majority is looking for the Bible-guided unity of the US people. The mind-set of this majority could be described in the following way.
· The current two-party political system does not work for the majority. It works only for the selected minority groups – selected by race, gender, sex, income, immigration status, business interests, etc. It should not be this way – all people are created equal and should strive to reach their best not at the expense of the others.
· The current political system is responsible for an enormous growth of the government and enormous government interference in all spheres of human life. It should not be this way – individuals, families and communities have to define themselves what is Good and what is Evil in their lives, and how to help the “disadvantaged”.
· It is morally wrong and destructive for the entire society to eliminate the Judeo-Christian morality from the public realm that is being done through the wrong interpretation of the Constitution. The US constitution just prohibits the authoritative influence on the government of any one religious denomination - it encourages the guiding influence of Judeo-Christian principles.
· The best presidential candidate is one who will be legalizing the human behavior along the lines of the Judeo-Christian morality – not along the lines of politically correct dogmas like “social justice” or “human rights”.
· The current overwhelming support of Donald Trump candidacy in the Republican primaries is due to his open fight with the existing political establishment while all other candidates, who might be much better politically, are proclaiming their intent just to make the existing system work better.
· Obama has deceived the White spiritual majority and therefore he is not trustworthy. The While spiritual majority was looking for the change. Obama was promising the change and the White spiritual majority voted for him. Then this majority realized Obama deceived them. The majority wanted the change that returns the society back to the Judeo-Christian values – Obama implemented the change that moved the society further away from the Judeo-Christian values.
Analogous trends could be observed in Israel.
The Israeli White spiritual majority wants the government stopping to force everybody follow the rules of one selected group in the Israeli society. The Israeli White spiritual majority is looking for the Torah-guided unity of the Jewish people – not in the definition of any Jewish religious stream but in the true Torah definition:
· Unity not only between rabbis of various streams, as President Rivlin is now trying to find, but between the rabbis and the non-rabbis, and between Israeli and non-Israeli Jews
· Unity not on the one-state or two-state proposals but on the security provisions for Israel in any Israeli-Palestinian proposal
· Public transportation on Shabbat not everywhere but only in the areas where the overwhelming majority desires it
· Lesser reliance on the government decisions made by distrusted politicians and more reliance on Jewish individual and communal wisdom
· Greater adherence to Tikkun Olam and international cooperation instead of Orthodoxy-guided separation.
That is what the White spiritual majority in US and Israel wants. And the White spiritual majority is looking for the new leaders to make the truly needed change.