NATO said three American troops have been killed in three separate clashes in southern Afghanistan.
The military alliance said Tuesday the three died in separate "hostile fire incidents." It did not disclose the exact location of the attacks.
The NATO statement said the first died of wounds suffered in an incident that occurred on Saturday, another died on Sunday and the third died Monday.
July was the deadliest month in Afghanistan for US and NATO troops since the 2001 US invasion. Seventy-five troops died. So far in August, at least 24 US and NATO troops have died.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>