Afghan president: Civilian casualties no longer acceptable

By REUTERS
March 6, 2011 18:40

KABUL - Afghan President Hamid Karzai told the commander of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, on Sunday that civilian casualties in the almost decade-old war were "no longer acceptable".

At a meeting in Kabul, Karzai told Petraeus his apology for the inadvertant killing of nine children last week in a NATO air strike was "not enough", Karzai's office said in a statement.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 21, 2018
Iranian official: Pompeo's remarks show U.S. wants regime change in Iran

By REUTERS